Monday, July 7, 2008

A Broken Arm

The reason I have not written since May 25th is because I tripped over a box in my home on May 26th and broke my upper right arm in four places. It was a serious break that required surgery and has resulted in limited use not only of my upper arm but also my lower arm and hand as well. Although this has been a challenge that I would have prefered to forego, I have learned some valuable lessons.

Lesson #1: Each member of our body has an important function to perform. When one member is not functioning properly the whole body feels the loss.

Lesson #2: When one body part isn't functioning as it should the rest of the body has to compensate. For instance, I'm having to use my left hand for things which I would normally use my right hand such as eat, write and type. Even though my left hand isn't as efficient, it has become stronger.

Lesson #3: There has been a need to rely on other people to help do those things I absolutely can't do myself like using my right hand to file my nails on my left hand. Yet, I have found creative ways to do some things that I felt I couldn't do.

Lesson #4: Whining, complaining, feeling sorry for myself don't improve the situation.

These four lessons can be applied to an orgnization body. I'll explore that more in another blog post.

1 comment:

Aleina said...

Hey all students wanna learn website designing or development.
You need to visit a good website development company in order to see how much effective designing and development is done by companies.